Delivering outdoor learning programmes for schools and community groups. All outdoor learning activities offered provide a framework for addressing the four capacities within Curriculum for Excellence.
Outdoor learning aims to:
- Support schools to develop experiences and outcomes
- Promote the concept of sustainability
- Foster awareness, understanding and respect for the natural environment
- Develop personal skills and positive attitudes through co-operative learning
- Stimulate approaches to healthy living
- Provide opportunities for physical activity in an outdoor setting
- Support families to develop skills for life
We will do this by:
- Providing the opportunity of an outdoor and environmental, residential experience for upper primary school pupils in one of the most beautiful settings in the west of Scotland.
- Supporting the curriculum within our eight secondary schools by offering appropriate ‘fieldwork’ courses on a residential or day basis.
- Providing pupils with the opportunity to be involved in environmental learning leading towards the successful completion of the John Muir Award’
Call us +44 (0) 1655 760 600 or
The Dolphin House, Culzean Castle and Country Park, by Maybole, Ayrshire, KA19 8JX